– Favorite Recipes –
As soon as I had the design down, I gave a few out to some foodie friends for feedback. Not only were they thrilled with the rack’s ease of use and effectiveness, they immediately began dreaming up recipes. One of our favorites is the following:
1 3lb roasting chicken
2 acorn squash, halved
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 (convection is preferable).
- Rub chicken with 1 tbsp butter and the poultry seasoning, and thread onto the skewer as directed.
- Dot squash halves with remaining butter and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Place squash halves under the bird, cut side up, so all the juices from the roasting chicken flavor the squash.
- Roast chicken breast-side down for 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken breast-side up and roast an additional 10 minutes.
- Let rest outside the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The chef who invented this dish raved that “the chicken was the best I have ever made! The drippings seasoned the squash to a wonderful flavor, and the remaining drippings in the pan with the remaining brown sugar made the best gravy.”