As soon as I had the design down, I gave a few out to some foodie friends for feedback. Not only were they thrilled with the rack’s ease of use and effectiveness, they immediately began dreaming up recipes. A couple of our favorites are the following:
Our Family Turkey Recipe
- Remove the package of giblets from your turkey – open it and place them back into the main cavity of the bird
- Rub vegetable/olive oil on the outside of the turkey (if using our rack, please follow the instructions for placing the turkey on the rack)
- Sprinkle the turkey with salt on the outside
- Of course, we use our rack, so our cooking time reflects that: roast at 325 degrees for two-thirds of the time specified on the package for the weight of your turkey
- When using our rack, flip your turkey over to breast up and roast for the remainder of the cooking time
3-lb roasting chicken
2 acorn squash, halved
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 (convection is preferable).
- Rub chicken with 1 tbsp butter and the poultry seasoning, and thread onto the skewer as directed.
- Dot squash halves with remaining butter and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Place squash halves under the bird, cut side up, so all the juices from the roasting chicken flavor the squash.
- Roast chicken breast-side down for 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken breast-side up and roast an additional 10 minutes.
- Let rest outside the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The chef who invented this dish raved that “the chicken was the best I have ever made! The drippings seasoned the squash to a wonderful flavor, and the remaining drippings in the pan with the remaining brown sugar made the best gravy.”